“Everybody is an artist with a gift to give the World.”
Emporium of I & I (EOII) is the brainchild of Adam Ryan White. The idea is to form a cooperative not for profit, made up by Oshawa artists, social entrepreneurs, community enthusiast, creating arts and culture events, initiatives, and workshops giving artists tools and resources to develop a career in their chosen creative field. EOII would be govern as a decentralized meritocracy. We would be “artists rising together.”
It may sound like magical thinking, but the need to develop infrastructure for a creative economy in the arts and culture sectors can renew Downtown Oshawa.
EOII is in its incubating stages. Mistakes will be made and fun will be had.
Once a great group is formed, we would work within an integrate network of artists, communities, entrepreneurs and government – creating a broad range of arts and culture events, business and networking workshops, job fairs, and a website portal of knowledge, resources and experiences showing a movement towards a renewed downtown Oshawa. Our goal is to expand and evolve the creative economy and community wealth throughout Oshawa and Durham Region.
We are Artists Rising Together to share knowledge, tools, resources and experiences that empowers radical action as a movement towards a renewed downtown Oshawa.
Emporium of I & I, is an all volunteer, open organization of artists, students, activists, and entrepreneurs – who come together creating events and projects about community living, nutrition, urban farming, entrepreneurship, art hives, accessibility advocacy, addressing root causes poverty and homelessness, and a balanced co-existence in all things.
- To be the 10% that successfully form an intentional community based not for profit, as a great group of artists, entrepreneurs, community enthusiasts, urban dwellers in Oshawa
- Low cost methods to creating self-empowering workshops, activities and transformative projects
- Breaking down barriers for emerging artists, organic entrepreneurs and community based organizations with skills, tools and resources
- We are all artists with a gift to share in co-creating this dream together.
- We reach out for creativity, unconventionality warmth and friendship while intellectually the emphasis on mindfulness, humor and care.
- We come to understand the creative expression through value in contrast, and balance in variety. It’s from variety and contrast, our preferences or desires are born.
- We honor everyone’s contribution, opportunity to evolve, and choice to leave to pursue their own vision.
- We understand everyone will bring their own baggage and culture beliefs to a group. But its about learning to work together, being a part of something greater than ourselves, and focus on getting the work done with best result.